Online Service for Veterans: Brainfuse VetNow
Get free online job and academic assistance for Veterans and much more with your library card.
Visit VetNow by clicking here.
Click here to see the User’s Guide (pdf file).
Washington Public Library is pleased to announce the launch of Brainfuse VetNow™ – offering support for local veterans and their families with navigating the VA bureaucracy, providing academic tutoring, and employment transition assistance. VetNow™ will be available to all patrons from any computer or mobile device starting immediately.
According to Francesco Lecciso, one of Brainfuse’s co-founders: “As part of our ongoing mission to connect those who need help with resources and live experts, we created VetNow to assist veterans in acquiring job-enhancing academic skills and navigating the often complex benefits system. Given all that veterans have sacrificed and contributed, we are proud to partner with the Missouri State Library to offer this valuable service. “
VetNow includes the following features:
- LIVE ONLINE NAVIGATORS: VetNow Navigators are veterans trained to help their peers connect with valuable benefits and resources:
- Answer questions related to beneﬁts eligibility
- Refer patrons to applicable community resources for housing, healthcare, and education beneﬁts
- Assist patrons with locating accredited claims agents
- JOB TOOLS: Designed to help with all stages of the job-hunting process, the VetNow Job Tools feature career coaching, expert resume assistance, live interview preparation, and more. With the Job Tools patrons can:
- Use the career resources to discover their best career ﬁt based on education, experience, and personality
- Search for a job using nationwide and local resources
- Download templates for the most common resume types
- Receive resume and cover letter assistance from trained experts
- Brush up on interview techniques or get live online interview practice from trained job coaches
- COLLEGE SKILLS: Users build academic skills and prepare for college with VetNow’s array of tools, including:
- Interaction with live tutors in a wide range of college level subjects
- Live skills tutoring and an extensive library of lessons, video tutorials, and practice tests including SAT, ACT, TEAS, HESI, GRE, GMAT, and more
- Live or asynchronous expert analysis of writing, complete with constructive comments
- Asynchronous 24/7 help with academic questions
- Live help for language learners
- Create and share ﬂashcards, tests, and educational games
This project is supported by the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act as administered by the Missouri State Library, a division of the Office of the Secretary of State.