Getting Started – What Can I Do at Washington Public Library?
- Get a Library Card.
- Search the Library Catalog (There are over 3 million item available in the Evergreen catalog.)
- Download the Missouri Evergreen App. (This app makes putting holds on materials easy.)
- Checkout a hotspot, games, fishing poles, telescopes, and More!
- Get eBooks, eAudio, eMagazines, and eMusic from the Digital Library.
- Read children’s picture books on Tumblebooks.
- Use a research database. (You can dowload the EBSCO App for easy searching.)
- Learn a Foreign Language.
- Watch a Movie in Kanopy.
- Learn how to draw, paint, sew, knit and more, at your own pace, in Creativebug.
- Get Help with your homework.
- Attend a Program. (Click to view a calendar of the upcoming library programs. All programs are free.)
- Stay in touch with the library on Facebook. (We post lots of updates to Facebook.)
- Use a Study Room or reserve a Meeting Room.
- Join a Reading Challenge. (We offer seasonal and year-round reading challenges.)
- Join a Book Club. (We have 2 active book clubs.)
- Join the Friends of the Library. (This nonprofit group raises money to support the library and programs.)
- Listen to a story.
Washington Public Library’s collection of over 47,000 items includes over 2,700 audiobooks, 5,000 DVDs, and over 100 magazine and newspaper subscriptions. Patrons of Washington Public Library also have access to all materials owned by and/or subscribed to by the Scenic Regional Library System and the Missouri Evergreen System. Additional WPL resources include computer workstations with internet access and word processing, wireless Internet access and great study spaces.
Washington Public Library is known for its engaging children’s reading programs.
- All materials (books, audiobooks, DVDs, magazines, and music CDs) may be checked out for 2 weeks.
- You may have up to 100 items on your library card at any one time. You may have 10 DVDs, 5 magazines, 10 audiobooks, and 10 music CDs on your library card at any one time.
- Reference materials and newspapers do not circulate.
Materials may be renewed twice if there is no Hold on the title by calling (636) 390-1070, stopping by the library, or online through your account. When asked for your library card number, enter the number on the back of your library card without the dashes. If you have a + as the last digit of your number, you must enter the +.
After-hours book drops are available. Books may be returned to any Scenic Regional Library location or Washington Public Library.
Washington Public Library cardholders may also check out and place reserves on materials from the Missouri Evergreen catalog.
Library Address: 410 Lafayette St., Washington, MO 63090
Front Desk Phone: 636-390-1070