Book Clubs/Book-to-Movie Club/Art Club
Washington Public Library has two book clubs,a book-to-movie club, and an art club that meet once per month. New members are always welcome!
Monday Book Club
Monday Book Club meets at 10:00 a.m. every 2nd Monday of the month. If you are interested, call 636-390-1070 or ask for the book club book at the front desk.
- December 12 – The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson
- January 9th – The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
- February 13th – Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- March 13th – Choose your own book and tell us all about it.
- April 10th – Walking with Peety by Eric O’Grey
- May 8th – The Measure by Nikki Erlick
- June 12th – Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver….
- July 10th – Black Cake by Charmaine Wilkerson
- August 14th – Trust by Hernan Diaz
- September 11th – Joan by Catherine Chen
- October 9th – The Dictionary of Lost Words by Pip Williams
- November 13th – The Passenger by Cormac McCarthy
- December 11th – The Wager by David Grann
Wednesday Book Club
Wednesday Book Club meets at 6:30 p.m. every 3rd Wednesday of the month. If you are interested, call 636-390-1070 or ask for the book club book at the front desk.
- January 13 – Tenth of December by George Saunders
- February 15 – Maybe You Should Talk to Someone by Lori Gottlieb
- March 15 – Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles
- April 19 – Walking with Peety by Eric O’Grey with Mark Dagostino
- May 17 – River of the Gods by Candice Millard
- June 32 – Matrix by Lauren Groff
- July 19 – When Ghosts Come Home by Wiley Cash
- August – Stolen Focus by Johann Hari
- September 16 – The diamond Eye by Kate Quinn
- October 18 – Life on the Mississippi by Rinker Buck
- November 15 – A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- December 20 – The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
Made Into Movies Movie/Book Club
A movie club for individuals interested in answering the question, “Was the book really better than the movie?” A short discussion period will follow the showing of the film. If you are interested, call 636-390-1070 or ask for the book club book at the front desk.
December 19– Little Women (PG ‧ 2019 ‧ 2h 15m)
2023 Movie List
January 30 – Pitch Perfect (2012 ‧ PG-13 ‧ 112min)
February 27 – Hidden Figures (2016 ‧ PG ‧ 127min)
March 27 – Emma (2020 ‧ PG ‧ 124min)
April 24 – The Time Traveler’s Wife (2009 ‧ PG-13 ‧ 108min)
May 22 – A Wrinkle in Time (2018 ‧ PG ‧ 109min)
Want to work on a personal project? Want to learn something new? Come get creative and inspired every second Wednesday of the month. Open to all skill levels, ages 16 and up.